Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Burlington businesses that use vehicles for business purposes may need to purchase a commercial auto policy. The right commercial auto insurance policy can help provide a layer of financial protection if you’re involved in an accident or experience a covered loss.
The Peterson Agency can help you get a commercial auto insurance policy that fits the needs of your business. Give us a call today to get started or to learn more about commercial auto insurance.
How Does Commercial Auto Insurance Work?
Commercial auto insurance is a contractual agreement between you (the insured) and the insurance company. The insurer agrees to cover you under the terms of your policy so long as you pay your specified premium. You may have to pay a deductible on a claim-by-claim basis depending on the type of claim it is. Your claims may be subject to the limits specified in your policy.
What Are The Benefits of Commercial Auto Insurance?
Protecting your company’s drivers and vehicles is essential, and the proper insurance coverage gives the needed protection. Companies can realize the following benefits with commercial auto coverage:
· Collision insurance—This coverage may help pay for damage to your vehicle sustained in an accident.
· Comprehensive insurance—This coverage may help pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft or vandalism.
· Liability insurance—If an accident is your fault, this coverage may help pay for the damage you do to others.
o Bodily injury liability coverage can pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes death benefits.
o Property damage liability coverage can pay for damage to the other party’s property.
· Hired/non-owned auto liability insurance—This liability coverage often extends to vehicles you use for business but aren’t owned by your company. These may include employees’ cars or vehicles that you rent or hire temporarily.
· Medical payments—If you or a passenger are injured in an accident, this coverage may help pay the medical bills. Sometimes it may cover other losses, such as lost income.
· Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This may help cover damage caused by someone who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
Is Commercial Auto Insurance Expensive?
The cost of your commercial auto insurance policy may vary based on many different factors. The number and types of vehicles, location, business operations, and past claims history may affect your premium rates. Give us a call today to get your unique quote.
How to Get Commercial Auto Insurance
Getting commercial auto insurance can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Call the team at The Peterson Agency to get started. We’re ready and waiting to help you get the commercial auto coverage you need.