Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
Owning a recreational vehicle (RV) is a unique experience, as RVs are special vehicles. RVs double as both homes and vehicles, which means there are more risks in owning an RV than just an ordinary home or automobile. RV insurance can keep you and your vehicle safe and protected from unforeseen accidents.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
In addition to including protection matching the driving and property risks associated with your motorhome, RV insurance commonly includes:
· Liability insurance helps insure against damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
· Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
· Comprehensive insurance helps pay for vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
· Medical payments coverage helps cover your medical bills and passengers’ expenses.
· Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
· Campsite and vacation coverage helps cover liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
· Full-time residence insurance is intended for those permanently living in their RVs.
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance, rental car coverage and expenses protection (for expenses such as emergency hotel bills).
How Much RV Insurance Do I Need?
RV insurance needs generally vary among owners. North Carolina requires all motorhome owners to carry an RV insurance policy that includes liability and uninsured motorist coverage. Although these are just the minimum requirements, carrying more coverage can protect you from high costs if an accident occurs while driving, parked or camping. The agents at The Peterson Agency can help you learn more about possible policy options for you and your motorhome.
Contact Our Agency
If you live near Burlington, North Carolina, we can help you out. The agents at The Peterson Agency are dedicated to helping you learn more about potential coverage options for you and your RV so you can decide on the right policy.
Contact our agency today at 336-227-0154 for more information.